>

Saturday, December 15, 2018

Energizer Cap Light


This little flashlight clips to your hat and can be used in place of a headlamp.
Hi, thanks for coming, you’re now here and may want to:
subscribe to my feed (click on this link).
“All truly great thoughts are conceived by walking.”~ Friedrich Nietzsche
When backpacking I normally bring the Princeton Tec Remix for a headlamp. It weighs 2.6 ounces, can put out 300 lumens and has a burn time of 150 hours.  The light is very bright, so is great for night hiking (which I seldom do) and can be dimmed for around camp. I've used it for years without a problem.  BUT, it does not have a red light, which is annoying to anyone camped near you if you get up in the middle of the night to pee.  Also, being a head lamp, when you are wearing a hat (which I normally do), it can be a bit cumbersome with the visor of the hat. 

That being the background, a few days ago I was in the grocery store and I happen to see this little flashlight that can clip on your hat.  It has the ability to tilt after clipped on to point up or down. It has a red light and two levels of white light.  The highest being 85 lumens.  It runs on two AAA batteries, with the batteries in it the whole thing weights 1.5 ounces.  I think I'll swap this for my headlamp on my next backpacking trip and see how it goes.


 This little gadget costs $10 and and is well worth it (and BTY: if you buy it through a link on this blog, BackPackBaseCamp will get a small commission).





No comments:

Post a Comment