“Weather is a great metaphor for life - sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad, and there's nothing much you can do about it but carry an umbrella.” ~Terri Guillemets
Here in the North East it looks like it could be a rainy weekend. So for those of you that may be stuck inside, I thought I’d point you to some excellent reading about the outside.
- The best iPhone hiking apps. What if your iPhone could act as a compass, a map, a GPS tracker, bug repellent, a weather reporter and a survival guide?
- 8 Simple Tips To Grow Active, Healthy Kid Kids can’t stare at a screen and their hands aren’t available to text or play video games when they are building a snowman, splashing in a stream, scaling a rock wall, digging in a garden or climbing trees.
- Animated Knots by Grog Don’t know the difference between a Bowline, a Clove hitch and a Rolling hitch knot? This web site will show you how to tie knots with short animations.
- The Wild Backpacker looks at energy bars. Good analysis of different types.
- A new blogger The Smokies Whisperer, writes of her experiences in the Smoky Mountains. The actual feelings and emotions. Different them most hiking blogs, I’m liking it.
- And last but not least, a video from www.minibulldesign.com using a fanny pack for ultra light backpacking: